Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2009 Post-it drawings


2009 was another year with a lot of post-it drawings. Post-its are great for drawing because they're incredibly non-threatening. No one expects to draw their next masterpiece on a post-it.

These next ones are characters from a personal comic project about hillbilly girls that I've had in the works for years now. I've got tons and tons of drawings of these guys, but I don't want to show too much until I've gotten a lot farther on the actual comic.



I love drawing these girls.


I look forward to being able to post more stuff from this project and getting real feedback from people. Anyhow, moving on to me and Luna.


10 comments:

Pedro Fanti said...

omg, Luna totally looks like my cat. Loving those post-its. <3

Nowhereland (Jonathan St. Amant) said...

Hey Kate, I love the fun, loose style you have. My art tends to be so finish-fetish and contained. It's nice to see that you can let go and be casual with your sketches and studies.

Nowhereland (Jonathan St. Amant) said...

sorry, I meant Katie (with an 'i' in there).

lorelay bove said...

love your post its!!! :)

Jenny Lerew said...

Really really lovely stuff, Katie. A visceral pleasure to look upon.

_ said...

Love these! Especially the hillbilly girls. Moremoremore!

JohnDoe123 said...

God such style! I could spot it a mile away! I think you're actually the first person I've seen who resembles their work. You look like your drawings, haha. In a good way!

Dennis Holway Driscoll said...

I always think that I'm accidentally too much emulating your drawing style but then when I go back and look at your actual drawings again I realize that it's easier said than done for me to do that.

Skid Knee said...

I can't wait for the hillbilly comic! I love your post-it drawings too.

damon said...

great stuff!!